It’s always a rewarding feeling honoring those youngsters who go above and beyond as teenagers. The kids that play sports, have straight A’s, and even hold down a part-time job, or that older brother/sister that gives rides to and from school and practice. That is why My1043 and AM 830 have brought back the Gratiot Isabella Tech Center Student of the Month!! Every month you can come vote for the high schooler you think is most deserving to be the GI Tech Center Student of the Month!! The first GI Tech Center Student of the month will be honored next month, so get ready to vote! You can help one lucky student every month win a sweet prize pack courtesy of MY1043! All students are nominated by their teachers at the Tech Center! Thanks to all of our great teachers as well!
Here are this months nominees!
Hallie Wentworth is one of the finest business management students I have ever had the pleasure to teach. Her drive and determination are amazing. Hallie sees what needs to be done before anyone else and is always the first to volunteer. Hallie can be in a leadership role and “hit it out of the park”, but is just as self-assured and competent in a non-leadership role. No matter what, Hallie gets the job done. Recently we were building floats for homecoming and she was speaking about what we had finished and what we still had to finish. On the spot, she was offered a job opportunity from University Events because of her level of organization and determination to complete the task. Hallie is taking college classes while in high school, maintaining fantastic grades and works every day at a day care center where her compassion and kindness come in handy. She is involved with student senate, serving on the executive board as well as key club and will be nominated for the National-Technical Honor Society this year for her commitment Business Management. Every day it is a great pleasure to work with her and see the positive impact she has on others. She challenges me to improve my work ethic to match hers.
RJ Araway (Robert)
- Soccer Varsity Captain 2016 and 2017.
- Job at a soda shop Oct 2016 – July 2017
- Quiz Bowl Team 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Homecoming Court for 2017
- Skills USA 2015,2016, 2017 (State Bronze Medal winner)
- Michigan Industrial & Technology Society (MITES) Regional First, State first place in the student competition.
- Computer numerical control (CNC) Programmer and Operator
- Programs and builds computers
- Spends time with family
- This is RJ’s Fourth year in Machine Trades at GI Tec. RJ was one of the first ones to say hello, shake my hand and introduce himself the first day he came to GI Tec. RJ shows leadership by working with the new students in the class. His machining and technical skills kept getting better and his questions have some real thought behind them; he will have a solution or two to the problem and wants to make sure he stays on track. RJ is finishing a Frisbee Plastic Mold he is machining on the CNC machine in the Machine Trades class. He is a member of the National Technical Honor Society.
Jenna is a 2nd year Health Science student. Last year, she completed the Certified Nurse Assistant program, and this year she will tackle the Health Science Careers program. Jenna has been active at school throughout her years at MPHS. She has been involved in school theater productions and Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA), where she competed at the regional and state levels. Last year, she was a pivotal fundraiser to help her fellow HOSA members contain cost of traveling to and from competitions. She has now taken on a leadership role in HOSA as a member of the executive board. Jenna is also a figure skater and spends many hours skating.
What is most notable about Jenna is her positive attitude and work ethic. She is kind and friendly to all students and she volunteers to help when she sees a need. I trust her with any task or job. Over the summer, Jenna worked at a summer camp for kids and is currently working part-time at a greenhouse, where she has worked for 2 years. Jenna is capable, reliable, and trustworthy.